Highlights and Interests
I have a really strong background in the development of reporting solutions and automating workflows that involve big data. I’m able to take complex problems and boil them down into actionable insights that drive business decisioning, presenting findings and recommendations succinctly to management and decision-makers. I’m able to develop and deploy solutions to internal and external teams & stakeholders. I really like building things and making impactful improvements to products and work-flows. I’ve listed some of my favorite tools in my toolbox below.
- Strong AWS Linux & Python / R skills
- ETL & Queries for MapReduce, SQL, or NoSQL DB
- Visualization and reporting in Tableau & Microstrategy
- Illustrative & Insightful presentations in MS Powerpoint
Web-Development & Analytics @ Houghton Digital Consulting
- Mar 2016 – Nov 2016 | San Francisco, CA
Sr Product Analyst @ Tapjoy Inc
- Sept 2015 – Mar 2016 | San Francisco, CA
Media & Network Analyst @ Rocket Fuel Inc
- Jan 2013 – Sept 2015 | Redwood City, CA
Performance Analyst @ Initiative Media (Hyundai & Kia Motors)
- May 2011 – Jan 2013 | Los Angeles, CA
- R Shiny
- Expert Excel
- Hadoop (Hue/Hive/Pig)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, EBS)
- Git / Github
- Linux SysAdmin
When I met my wife in San Francisco a few years back we both had intended on moving to San Diego one day to be closer to family. We married on March 19th, 2016 and shortly thereafter took off on a 6 month honeymoon, visiting 18 National Parks in the U.S. & Canada. We took loads of photos along the way and have shared our experiences on our site.
Learn more at supervanadventures.com
On Sabbatical, supervanadventures.com
Traveling North America in a Camper-Van | May – October 2016
- On the road full-time with my new wife exploring North America. Currently looking for opportunities in SD.
Tapjoy Inc, San Francisco, CA
Sr Product Analyst | Sept 2015 – Feb 2016
- Lead Analyst on Video to Install mobile ad product, improving revenue-per-user through better analytics
- Projects included Modeling & Forecasting, A/B testing, frequency & yield optimization for digital ads
- Development of reporting pipelines & publishing of modeling metrics to dashboards.
Rocket Fuel Inc, Redwood City, CA
Media & Network Analyst | Jan 2013 – Sept 2015
- Strong R & Python Programming Skills: Developed Tools that drove automation, increasing efficiencies.
- Provided strategy and reporting solutions for Fortune 500 clients including EA, Disney, Mazda, Mercury Insurance, Best Buy, Proctor & Gamble, & Hyundai / Kia
- Worked with product teams to develop products in the areas of fraud detection, and ad viewability
- Applied regression modeling, & economics to anticipate & diagnose system performance issues, and optimized yields in an exchange-based algorithmic buying environment.
Initiative Media (an IPG Agency), Los Angeles, CA
Performance Analyst, Hyundai & Kia Motors | Apr 2012 – Jan 2013
- Determined budget allocation for Hyundai & Kia motors’ $40MM combined yearly digital media spend.
- Presented campaign insights & recommendations via dashboards, detailed reports, and forecasting.
- Contributed to media mix modeling & sales attribution research
Assistant Media Planner, Kia Motors | May 2011 – Apr 2012
- $20MM in spot TV, spot radio, print, sports, & live event media planning for Kia Motors.
Tools, Languages, & Technical Skills
SQL, Python, R, R Shiny, Expert Excel, Tableau, Hadoop (Hue/Hive/Pig), Linux, AWS (EC2, RDS, EBS), Git / Github
Machine Learning Specialization | University of Washington (in progress)
B.A. Economics | San Diego State university
Course Highlights: Econometrics (modeling) I & II, Calculus, Statistics, SPSS, Managerial Economics.